Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

What a busy week!

The little girl turns TWO!  That's right, my baby girl is no longer... she's now officially a TODDLER!  In case you're wondering - she's half Chinese & half Ukrainian.  Hence her un-Asian look.  Actually the only Asian feature on her are her brown eyes.  Her skin tone is so much lighter than mine & her hair is dirty blonde/brown with red highlights.  How's that for having half Asian genes?

Polish updates:  
For my first 'nail art' attempt, I went with a polish that I received in one of my beauty subscription boxes.  It's Nailtini's Bloody Mary as the base colour & white accent dots on the ring finger.  Not bad for a first attempt eh - what do you think? 

Since it was a super stressful week for me, I decided to do a mid-week mani!  A bit of sparkle to get me through the work week.  This is Julep's Alfre with purple glittery tips.  I actually got a lot of compliments with this look :o)

Btw, if you want to help feed my polish addiction. You can sign up to become a Julep Maven.  You will receive minimum $40 worth of nail polish/spa products in the mail for only $19.99/month shipped to you free of charge. 
Also if you sign up and use the code JULEPVIP, you will get your first month for penny.  Every month you get to preview the colours & decide whether or not to buy it.  Code to use is "penny"  You can sign up here.

For Chinese New Years, I decided to do my nails again.  This time using red (the Chinese love red) and white polish.  I wanted to try a new nail art technique that I just learned via Youtube tutorials.  This method is suppose to give my nails a "marble look"  I am not sure how I feel about this look just yet.  What do you think?



February 10, 2013 ~ Chinese New Years!
So today was Chinese New years.  I am probably the most un-Chinese like person I know.  My family lives a province away and I am the only Asian person I know in this city.  So in an attempt to connect with my Asian roots, my husband and I decided to go for Dim Sum in Chinatown.  Since today is Chinese New Years, the restaurant had a lion dance... 
While we were there I bumped into Amy from the television show, The Quon Dynasty.  I believe the show is in re-runs now, you can watch it online here.  I have known Amy for a few years now as she also runs a food court style place downtown called, Chicken For Lunch.  I used to eat there once a week while I worked downtown.  Below is a picture of my daughter, myself & Amy.





No comments:

Post a Comment