Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I haven't been outside for 2.5 months, thank you

My client, who's 75 years old, uses a cane & is non-verbal (due to a recent tracheostomy) wrote, "I have not been outside for 2.5 months, thank you" 

Perfect end to a stressful week. So glad that I was able to teach him some independence today :o)


That was what I wrote for my Facebook status & it generated lots of "likes" and "comments" from my friends.  It has made me take a moment to reflect on life & on what I do in my professional life as a whole.  Lately my work has been very stressful.  So much so, that I've actually considered leaving the profession.  My once "dream job" was slowly becoming something that I dreaded going to every morning.  When something is causing me so much grief, the natural response was to plot an escape strategy right?  I went as far as call up one of my former bosses and he asked me to send him a resume... what will come of it?  Not sure?  This was the same boss that tried "recruiting" me a few months prior for a director role, which I politely turned down.  Just because things were much better then.

However after working with this client, it dawned on me that it is not so much what I do but how management is choosing to manage everything... that everything includes me.  I just don't respond well to threats & being micro-managed I suppose.  At this point I have no idea where I will be next month - I just know that I will have to do much reflection and decide on my next course of action....

So sorry if this post is such a downer, just thought that it's better if I jot my thoughts down...

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment