Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ipsy January 2013

One of my new years resolution is to take some time out for myself.  So I decided to sign up for a couple of beauty box subscriptions.  One of them is Ipsy.  January is my first bag and this is what it contains.  This picture is from Ipsy themselves as I received the box a couple weeks ago & didn't think to keep them all together so that I could blog about it.  Oh well, next month for sure.
Big Sexy Hair:  I don't typically put anything in my hair so at first I wasn't sure what I would do with this product.  It is a fairly good size and since I don't like wasting product - I am currently using it to tame my fly away.  The smell is pretty nice.  It's just not something that I would buy in the future.

Nailtini nail lacquer:  The colour I received is Bloody Mary.  If you have been reading my blog, you will know that I've used this product twice since receiving this bag.  I actually quite like it.  At first I wasn't too sure that I'd be able to pull off a bright red on my hands, but then one of my nieces asked "why not"   Since I didn't have a valid response, I decided to give it a shot.  I would have to say that the colour is growing on me.  The formulation is quite nice and applies easily.  I like that we received a full sized bottle of nail polish in this bag.  It retails for $13.

Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil:  At first I was a bit skeptical about using this product but it's turning out to be one of my favourite things in this bag.  The sample size we received is small, however since you only use a drop or two it will actually last me quite a while.  I've been using it for the past two weeks & haven't even made a significant dent in the bottle yet.  I am currently using this product around my eyes to help with the appearance of fine lines.  I am in my late 30's.  I am finding that the lines are starting to fade - is that even possible?  I will likely purchase this product once my sample is done.

Pacifica Body Butter:  Tuscan Blood Orange - I love the smell of this & the sample we received is a good size (2.5 oz).  This size sells for $7 from the Pacifica website.  This is also another product that I would buy. It's been keeping my hands (I'm an excessive hand washer) nice and soft during this Canadian winter.

Everything came in a small make up bag - I actually like this & am currently re-using it.  I tossed it in my work bag to keep stuff like lip gloss, lotion... etc.  It's actually quite handy.  I am so glad that I chose to subscribe to Ipsy.  I think it's one of the better beauty boxes and for only $14.95 ($10 for the box + $4.95 to ship to Canada) I feel that it's worth it for me.  With a small toddler at home sometimes it is difficult to go to the store to "discover" new products.  With subscription boxes the products come to me & I can try them out in the comfort of my home.  Win win if you ask me.

Do you subscribe to Ipsy?  If so, what do you think of January's bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment