Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday evening manicure

Giving myself manicure & pedicure was something that I used to do for myself every Sunday evening.  It was a nice way of winding down the weekend & getting set for the upcoming week... but I have since neglected this :o(  and my nails were starting to look hideous...

But no more!  This is the year that I start taking care of me.  I need it, I deserve it, and I WILL DO THIS.  To help motivate myself, last month I decided to signed up to be a Julep Maven.  What is this exactly?  It's a subscription service whereby you pay $19.99/month to get a minimum $40 worth of nail polish & product delivered every month. That's at least 2 new colours and a product each month.  Also worth mentioning is that the regular price of Julep nail polish is $14/bottle at Sephora.  What I like best about Julep is that their formulation is 4 free - this means it doesn't have any harsh chemicals, so when my daughter is older I can use it on her.  

Being a Maven gives me exclusive access to new trendsetting colour and I will always get 20% off and free shipping.  Also on the 20th of every month I get to preview the colour and if I don't like it or if I don't want to buy it.  I can choose to "skip" a month.  All this is done online and so easy.  How cool is that?  I like that I'm in control of what I buy & I know exactly what I'm getting.

Actually in all honestly what got me was the penny introductory box... For a penny, I received two full sized nail polishes & some cuticle oil delivered to me.  Not a bad deal.  Want to try it out for yourself?  The offer code I used to get this deal was "penny" 

If you're going to do it, please use my referral link below.  Doing this will help me earn Julep Jules & will send loads of good karma to you

 
So moving on to my Sunday manicure.  For this look, I went with Revlon's Sheer Peach, topped off with Julep's Vivien (gold simmering polish), then a clear top coat to seal it all in.  I also applied Julep's essential cuticle oil - just to moisturize and ensure that my hands/cuticle stay nice.

What do you think of my nails? 

No comments:

Post a Comment